You are an interface coordinator for the Directorate of National Intelligence. You have been asked to brief a half dozen freshman senators that will soon be members of the National Security Committee. You are required to explain the functions of the Department of Homeland Security and Federal Bureau of Investigation in relationship to their responsibilities for intelligence and interdiction of terrorism from state-sponsored terror and terror organizations with foreign ties.
There are a number of law-enforcement-related resources that are not found in academic journals that may be utilized as references in this assignment. It is critical that when you make a statement of fact in your presentation that you cite the reference you obtained the information from in the text of the paper, and that the reference is included in your reference page.
- Address the following in 3–5 pages:
- What is the overall function and mission responsibility of the Department of Homeland Security? Explain.
- What is the function of the Terrorist Threat Integration Center? Explain.
- What are the capabilities and importance of the DHS Counterterrorism Center? Explain in detail.
- What is the operational role of the FBI’s Counterterrorism Division? Explain.
- What methods are used to ensure that state and local law enforcement agencies develop homeland defense and security strategies? Explain (hint: federal grants).
- What methods exist for state and local law homeland defense and security strategic planning activities? Explain.
- How are these methods effective? Explain.
- How can these planning methods be improved? Explain.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style