Defining the Specific Problem
In preparing to write this assignment, please be aware of the following cautions in fulfilling the
- If you write a report to your manager at work suggesting that more teleworking options
be given to employees at your workplace, you cannot simply prepare a report on
teleworking. You must show that teleworking will solve a specific problem or problems
in your organization.
- If you are proposing that email is used less frequently for communication at your
workplace and that another application is used to improve communication, you cannot
simply write a report on the problem with having too much email. You must show that
the use of email at your current workplace presents problems and that the use of another
means of communication would solve the problem.
- If you write a report to your manager at work suggesting that your office become
paperless, you cannot simply prepare a report on the benefits of a paperless office. You
must show that your specific office can go paperless and indicate the benefits of your
specific office going paperless.
- If you write a report to the board of directors at your townhouse community to argue that
the playground area in your community should be renovated, you cannot simply prepare a
report on the benefits of a playground for a neighborhood. You must show that your
specific neighborhood will benefit from renovations in its playground.
- If you write a report to the manager of your unit at work noting that recycling facilities in
the workplace should be improved, you cannot simply prepare a report on the benefits of
recycling or of good recycling facilities in offices. You must show that your specific
work environment lacks adequate recycling facilities and show how it will benefit from
improved recycling facilities.