Throughout this course you have become acquainted with explanations of juvenile delinquency, correlates of juvenile delinquency, and the intricacies of the juvenile justice system. For your final project, assess one of the controversial issues regarding the juvenile justice system.
• Resource: Appendix A
• Write a 1,750- to 2,100-word position paper arguing one of the following positions:
o The juvenile justice system should focus on rehabilitation.
o The juvenile justice system should focus on punishment.
• Include the following in your paper:
o Why should the juvenile justice system adopt the focus you have chosen?
o Explain how the specific focus you have chosen affects the following:
o What are some arguments that oppose your views?
Why are these arguments not as valid as your own?
Provide evidence to support your claims.
o Explain how the advantages would outweigh the disadvantages if the juvenile justice system were to adopt the focus you have chosen.
• Format your paper according to APA guidelines.
• Cite at least five sources to support your position.
• Post your paper as an attachment.