Part One: There is a range of school models that exist within our school communities, all of which have the goal of helping students achieve their potential. You will need to interview two teachers, principals, or teaching support staff members from two different schools to complete this assignment. Although it is not necessary, you should try to visit each site. Each school must be a different school model as discussed in the readings. Compare and contrast the two schools based on what you learn from your visits and/or interviews. The goal is to analyze the two different school models, compare the type of teaching and learning that occurs within each, understand what each school has identified as a priority, and understand what each school or classroom has determined is the top issue(s). In addition to identifying key statistics, such as the type of school, demographics, and student-to-teacher ratio, use the following questions as a guide for your observation/interview:
- What are the most important issues you currently face in ensuring all students achieve their potential?
- How are you addressing these issues?
- What role does technology play in classrooms to support teaching and learning?
- If you had to choose one subject area that your students need the most support in mastering, what would it be?
- What do you see as the most important skills to be taught?
- How would you identify 21st-century skills?
- How would you describe the teaching in your classroom?
- What role do you see students having in the teaching and learning process? Teachers?
- How has teaching changed over the years?
- What are the key issues you currently face?
Part Two: Place the information you glean from your interviews in a chart similar to the one below. This project is designed to give you insights into the real-life issues, topics, and complexities that practitioners address daily while also providing a forum for you to reflect on your beliefs and practices. Once the chart is complete, you should include a two- to three-page summary, identifying the implications of what you gleaned from your research on your own practice. Questions to consider in your summary are:
- What did you learn from the visits?
- What are the implications for your own teaching and learning? Your philosophy of education?
- What areas of new knowledge do you plan to explore?
- How was your thinking different or similar?
- How would you address some of the issues in your classroom?
- How would you prioritize the work in these classrooms if you were the teacher?
- What role could technology play in assisting with the work?
- Reflect on the ISTE Standards for Teachersyou reviewed last week and share any insights related to your research.
between schools. Points to consider.
|Type of School
|Student to Teacher Ratio
|Key Issues Facing
|Role of Technology
|21st Century Skills
Please support your claims and assertions with the literature and information from the interview. For your references, you should use the course textbook, the videos, and resources for this week, as well as at least two peer-reviewed articles from the Library. This assignment should be three to five pages in length plus a title page and reference page.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
What are the most important issues you currently face in ensuring all students achieve their potential? was first posted on February 14, 2019 at 1:26 pm.
©2019 "Lion Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@Lion Essays.com