Need assistance with in 12hrs-Assessment paper 1: Review project
Assessment Task 1: Review project
About your assessments:
This unit requires that you complete 4 assessment tasks. You must complete all tasks to achieve competency for this unit.
About this task
Assessment Task 1: Review project
You must review systems and processes to develop options for continuous improvement.
Assessment Task 2: Develop, implement and monitor action plan
You must develop, implement and monitor a continuous improvement action plan.
Assessment Task 3: Analysis
You must review and report on customer service
Assessment Task 4: Written questions
You must correctly answer all 12 questions to show that you understand the knowledge required of this unit.
There are two parts to this assessment:
Part A – You are required to review systems and processes of a fictional business to develop options for continuous improvement and prepare a report based on their findings.
Part B – You are required to present your report the management team (your assessor and three other participants).
What do I need in order to complete this assessment?
· Computer and Microsoft Office
· Access to the internet for research
· Space for a meeting
· 3 x additional participants
· Reference materials: 2018 Australian Recruitment Trends Report and Australia Recruiting Trends 2017
· Green office ideas: http://www.environment.gov.au/archive/settlements/publications/government/purchasing/green-office-guide/pubs/green-office-guide.pdf
When do I do this task?
· If you are a class-based student you will do this task in the classroom or as homework – your assessor will advise you as to which is required.
· Your assessor will provide you with the due date for this assessment.
what do I need to submit?
· Part A – You are not required to submit anything for this part; however the report you prepare will be submitted in part B of this assessment.
· Part B – You are required to submit the report you developed in part A of this task. The report must be between three and five pages with clear headings. You are then required to attend a meeting with your assessor and up to three other participants
How to submit your assessments
When you have completed each assessment task you will need to submit it to your assessor.
Instructions about submission can be found at the beginning of each assessment task.
Make sure you photocopy your written activities before you submit them – your assessor will put the documents you submit into your student file. These will not be returned to you.
Assessment Task Cover Sheet
At the beginning of each assessment task, you will also receive an Assessment Cover Sheet. Please fill it in for each task, making sure you sign the student declaration.
Your assessor will give you feedback about how well you went in each task, and will write this on the Assessment Cover Sheet.
You can make an appeal about an assessment decision by putting it in writing and sending it to us. Refer to your Student Handbook for more information about our appeals process.
what do I need to do if I get something wrong?
If your assessor sees that you have not completed all parts of the task completely and satisfactorily; the details of resubmission will be discussed with you when your assessor gives you the outcome of this task.
‘This is a modified document based on materials prepared by Eduworks Resources.’
Read the following scenario and complete the activities below.
Woodhouse Recruitment is based in central Melbourne and is a recruitment agency offering recruitment services, including sourcing, screening and selecting candidates to meet clients’ requirements. The company was established in 2010 by Simon and Petra James, a husband and wife team who are the Directors of the company.
The company also employs a receptionist, five recruitment consultants and an Administration Manager. The agency plans to recruit a further two new consultants to start with the company in early 2019.
The company specialises in the following areas of recruitment for both permanent and temporary staff:
· Administration and office support, Accounting, IT, Sales and Marketing.
The company sees its point of difference as being an owner operated, boutique recruitment agency. The company currently has approximately 30 clients who regularly use their services.
At a recent management team meeting, the management team (the Directors, Administration Manager , the Accountant and the Senior Recruitment Consultant), discussed the need to implement systems and processes for continuous improvement and innovation into the company. This is in part based on the need to stand out from the competitors in an industry where there are a large number of recruitment agencies.
A number of issues were discussed at the management meeting, which the management team feel need further exploration as part of introducing continuous improvement systems and innovations.
· Services Standards
The company states on its website that it has the following delivery service standards:
· Service Promise – we are clear in what we offer and the benefits it brings to you
· Service Delivery – we offer consistent and reliable service to you
· Customer Relationships – we are open and honest with all of our customers
· Compliance – we ensure we adhere to all ethical and legal requirements.
However, service standards have not been clearly defined and there are no performance indicators in place to measure performance.
· Key performance indicators
No formal performance indicators are in place to measure key service standards including how quickly candidates are recruited to fill jobs or how many of the candidates pass the trial period effectively.
· Social Media
There is no social media strategy in place. Currently the company is not using social media to market positions or to source candidates but recognises this is an area for development. Currently most candidates are usually found through the existing database (60%) or through advertising on job search websites.
· Staff professional development
While all recruitment consultants are expected to have minimum qualifications and experience, there is no process in place to ensure that recruitment consultants continue to participate in professional development activities to keep their skills up to date. There is also no performance appraisal system in place.
The business currently does not have any formal sustainability initiatives in place and is conscious of moving towards a green office environment both to be an environmentally friendly business, as well as to reduce costs.
All company stationery purchased is of the highest quality non-recycled and bleached paper that comes wrapped in non-biodegradable packaging and is sourced from overseas. The Accountant has identified that the cost of the stationery is astronomical and we should be reducing costs and sourcing Australian products.
· Recruitment Database
The database that the company was purchased off the shelf and keeps crashing because it is not able to cope with the amount of data that it contains. The recruitment consultants say that they are not able to customise the fields to include the data they need nor does it provide accurate reports. The Directors disagree with this feedback and have so far refused to spend money on investigating a new system.
A summary of the performance reports/plans of key business performance statistics are as follows:
· Annual sales revenue for financial year 2017 – 2018 is $1,350,000, an increase of 10% from the previous year. The target sales revenue was 12%
· Increase in profits for this financial year compared to the last one is 9%. The target was 10%
· 16% of placements are in the IT area, 18% in accounting, 20% in sales and marketing and the remainder in administration and office support.
· 60% of revenue is from repeat client business, the target was 70%
· Fill rate is 40% (where fill rate is the number of job orders filled by the number of job orders received multiplied by 100).
· Average time to fill contracts for 2017 were as follows:
· Temporary contracts was 8 days
· Contract work is 20 days
· Permanent search 23 days
· Executive search 33 days
Key performance indicators currently used to measure business performance focus on financial indicators, including net operating profit and sales revenue. The company also tracks its fill rate and is seeking to improve this to the industry average of 47% over the next year.
Based on the information provided in the scenario, select two topics or areas that you can research and review, develop continuous improvement optionsand plan to implement innovative processes for. One of these topics must be a sustainability program.
You should seek the advice from specialist resources as appropriate to identify technology and electronic commerce opportunities, and to confirm your findings. Refer to the reference materials provided with this assessment, and any other people, publications, or online sources as necessary.
Part A – Prepare report
Prepare a report to your manager (your assessor) that outlines the following for both topics:
Your topics or areas for improvement that you will plan a continuous improvement and innovative processes for, one being a sustainability program
Identify and discuss a range of strategies that you can implement to monitor and evaluate the current performance and sustainability of your topics/areas for improvement.
Analyse and provide a detailed account of the current supply chain and the (operational, product or service) systems the business is using to deliver their service. What is working well and what could be improved?
Identify how performance is measured including the assessments techniques and tools that are used. Evaluate the effectiveness of each assessment tool/technique.
Conduct research and analyse and report on trends and opportunities relevant to Woodhouse Recruitment in relation to your topics/areas for improvement. Use the resources provided by the assessor plus other external resources for this research.
Compare Woodhouse Recruitment’s business performance statistics to industry benchmarks and speculate as to why they may not have met their targets.
At the end of your report, introduce and briefly discuss three examples of other innovative business ideas that Woodhouse Recruitment could adapt and implement.
Your report should be written in clear and concise English and contain relevant headings to identify the information.
Part B – Attend a meeting
- Complete your report and send via email to your assessor at least three days prior to the meeting to discuss and present the report. Your assessor will advise you of the date of the meeting.
Your assessor will organise a number of fellow students to attend your presentation. These students will be role playing the role members of the management team
- At the meeting, you should discuss the key findings of your report, as well as your ideas for continuous improvement and innovation in the business.
- During the meeting, you will need to demonstrate your interpersonal skills, as well as your ability to build trust and confidence and promote creativity in the management team. To do this you will need to demonstrate throughout your presentation your ability to clearly and confidently present information, encouraging questions from the team and discussion and active listening techniques.
At the end of the meeting, you will need to take on board feedback provided and agree with the management team on the best way forward with your continuous improvement and innovation and sustainable initiatives.
What do I need to hand in for this task?
Have I completed this?
Attend a meeting
End of Assessment
Clinton Education Pty. Ltd. T/as Clinton Institute
RTOID: 41597 CRICOS Provider Code: 03540C
1101/343 Little Collins Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000 | Phone: 03 8394 2064
BSBMGT608 Assessment 1 V3.0 Page 1
The post Need assistance with in 12hrs-Assessment paper 1: Review project appeared first on Lion Essays.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Need assistance with in 12hrs-Assessment paper 1: Review project was first posted on February 5, 2019 at 12:31 pm.
©2019 "Lion Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@Lion Essays.com