You work as a network engineer for a small company with one local office in New York City. The company has been experiencing tremendous growth in the northeastern United States. As a result of this unprecedented growth, the company’s management decides to establish an office in Los Angeles. They want all data and network services from the New York location to be available in the new Los Angeles office.
You and your small team of engineers have been assigned the task of implementing the new Los Angeles office and establishing a site-to-site WAN solution between both offices.
In a project outline of 3-4 pages and a Visio network diagram for your boss, do the following:
- Identify a solution you will use to implement the WAN connectivity between the sites.
- Identify the hardware requirements for implementing your solution (discuss why each component is needed).
- Identify an IP subnet scheme that will be used in both locations’ LANs.
- Identify IP addresses to connect each WAN interface.
- Using Visio, created a pictorial representation of the proposed network (including IP location, device names, etc.).