The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) passed a comprehensive ergonomics standard on November 14, 2000, which became effective on January 16, 2001. This standard would have regulated ergonomic hazards across industries in the United States. The U.S. Congress used the Congressional Review Act of 1996 to repeal the ergonomics standard on March 20, 2001. OSHA has been limited on the regulation of ergonomic hazards since that time. OSHA currently regulates ergonomic hazards using the “general duty clause” and issues guidelines for specific industries with high incidence rates for musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs).
1. Do you think Congress was correct in repealing the comprehensive ergonomics standard? Should OSHA continue to regulate ergonomic hazards through the general duty clause and issue guidelines for specific industries?
2. If not, what approach would you suggest for OSHA?one page
i need someone to write reffliction paper for an article about (THE RACIAL ECOLOGY OF LEAD
Toxic Inequality in Chicago Neighborhoods,)
it is not a summary, the paper should be one single spaced page. which include an ideas from the article.
You will prepare a 3 page, APA-style research paper to discuss energy topics, as follows:
- In your own words, describe the laws of thermodynamics.
- Explain how these scientific laws apply to energy use, energy conversions, and the need for energy efficiency.
- Describe the pros and cons of the following energy types, writing 1 paragraph for each:
- Fossil fuel: Oil, natural gas, and coal
- Nuclear energy
- Solar energy
- Wind power
- Water (hydro) power
- Bioconversion (biofuel)
- Research and describe 2 provisions of the Energy Policy Act of 2005.
- Describe each provision, and provide your opinion about how each provision helps the United States meet energy use goals.