Click the link above to submit your assignment.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Scenario for Assignments 1-3
Assume that you are the curriculum designer for a school district. The school board has requested that several teams develop proposals for new curricula to meet newly established state standards. You and your team must develop the first proposal to provide as a pilot or model for the other teams. You have to first identify a specific curriculum area not currently used in the school district that would greatly benefit the students in the district. Use the Internet or the Strayer Library as well as your textbook to develop a pilot curriculum for a specific discipline area (reading, math, science, etc.) or grade level (K-12) at a local school district.
Assignment 2: Curriculum Foundations
Due Week 6 and worth 300 points
Refer to the Scenario for Assignments 1-3. Build on the same pilot curriculum you identified in Assignment 1 for this assignment.
Write a six to seven (6-7) page paper in which you:
1. Summarize the following aspects of Assignment 1:
1. Describe the specific curriculum area and grade level(s) for the pilot curriculum
2. Provide four (4) core instructional goals for the curriculum.
2. Describe the approach to curriculum development (i.e., behavior, systems, humanistic) you will use to shape curriculum design, providing a rationale for your selected approach that is consistent with the core instructional goals of the planned curriculum.
3. Describe the philosophical / theoretical approach to curriculum development (idealism, realism, etc.) you will use to shape the curriculum design, providing a rationale for your selected philosophy that is consistent with the core instructional goals of the planned curriculum.
4. Describe the psychological motivational approach to curriculum development you will use to shape the curriculum design, providing a rationale for your selected approach that is consistent with the core instructional goals of the planned curriculum.
5. Discuss one (1) cultural influence that has the greatest impact on the school district and provide a rationale for the impact it has on the district.
6. Recommend at least one (1) effective way to integrate the cultural influence into the planned curriculum that is consistent with the core instructional goals of the planned curriculum.
7. Develop a strategy for incorporating critical thinking skills (appropriate to grade level) into the planned curriculum using Bloom’s Taxonomy of Cognitive Objectives.
8. Provide a rationale for your strategy that is consistent with the core instructional goals of the planned curriculum. (Note: A brief description of Bloom’s Taxonomy may be found at Center for Teaching and Learning located at http://teaching.uncc.edu/articles-books/best-practice-articles/goals-objectives/blooms-taxonomy-educational-objectives.)
9. Use at least six (6) relevant, scholarly references published in the last seven (7) years (three  new in addition to the three  identified in Assignment 1). (Note:Wikipedia and other non-government Websites do not qualify as scholarly resources. Review the supplementary readings list on the first page of the course guide for possible references.)
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Identify the key elements of curriculum design and development.
· Compare the philosophical foundations of curriculum.
· Consider how psychological foundations play a role in the development of curriculum.
· Analyze the relationship of social foundations to K-12 curriculum.
· Develop the strategies and techniques to support curriculum planning.
· Design curriculum plan for a current or future school setting.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in curriculum planning.
· Write clearly and concisely about curriculum design and development using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Click here to view the grading rubric.
I’m attaching the 1st paper you wrote for me below!
April 24, 2016
School Description: The Norfolk VA School District!
The Norfolk VA School District is a public institution for the elementary and middle students that have gone through the elementary level and moving towards high school. The school is located in a region that has a relatively favorable climate during summer, but the situations get worse during winter due to ice falls and heavy downfalls. More so, the region is a plain land with limited highlands. The school is located in a metropolitan area that has a high number of people that are from different races, origin, ethnicity, and religion. However, it is one of the few public institutions found in the region since a high number of schools in Norfolk are private institutions. The situation has made the district school to have a great number of students as of currently they are approximately 600 students. Because Norfolk is a metropolitan independent commonwealth state, the people are from different cultures, religion, social and economic status, and traditions. Hence, there are a lot of cultural influences, and there is no particular culture that can be said to be the Norfolk’s original culture.
The geographical situation of the Norfolk does not in any way promote physical exercises. However, the state has a highly accredited body that has established great and commendable standards for curriculum development. The Norfolk state policies recommend that each and every child has the right to literacy, environmental education, and religious education, physical as well as skills exercises. The state policies emphasis that a child’s well-being regarding literacy, physical/mental/emotional health can only be realized when all the recommended curriculum development policies are complied with faithfully.
Specific discipline and grade level(s) for which the pilot curriculum will be developed
The Norfolk VA School District is a public school that has a high population, and the students are from different levels. The intention of the pilot curriculum is to involve all the students without any form of extinction. As a consequence, the pilot curriculum is meant for all the students in the Norfolk VA School District. These are students in the elementary and middle-grade levels of education. For every grade level, the curriculum pilot shall cover the following disciplines; mathematics, social studies, Christian religious education, science and biology, K-12, reading/writing. The latter means the pilot shall be comprehensive, covering all the levels as well as disciplines being taught at the Norfolk VA School District. This will grant the school the satisfaction required since the pilot shall meet all the states policies and standards.
Three benefits to the students of the pilot curriculum.
The curriculum pilot shall have three significant advantages for the students of Norfolk VA School District shall benefit from. For starters, the curriculum is exclusive and thorough a thing that will make sure that all the materials that need to be covered are covered and that ample timing is provided for each and every discipline. This shall benefit the students in that they will have sufficient time for every subject, something that will make the students be all-rounded students. Hence, it will be possible for the students to detect and realize their vigorous and weak areas hence focusing on their strong areas as their field of passion (Salvia, Ysseldyke, & Bolt, 2013). The latter is highly important for students because the world today requires a person that can fit in any society and cope with people from any religion, background, culture and level of education.
Secondly, the pilot shall benefit the student in the sense that the curriculum is not traditional but shall also be digitized in a way. As a result, it will work well with current lifestyle that the students are used to. For example, the curriculum shall be incomplete the use of advanced technology like the use of computers a thing that will make learning more enjoyable and helping as compared to the earlier curriculum that the Norfolk VA School District was initially using. With learning being entertaining, the students will be motivated to learn a thing that will positively impact the students by making them see the need and importance of education.
The third benefit is that the pilot curriculum shall help the student to have a stronger competitive advantage within the Norfolk State. The reason is that the curriculum shall be designed in a manner that it shall be student and results oriented a thing that will help the students to improve even on their performance in class as well as personal behaviors (In Lo, In Leatham, & In Van, 2014). As a consequence, the personalities that the curriculum will help the students to develop are a personality that shall help the students to be able to become reliable and independent people in the society both now and in the future.
Four core instructional goals of the curriculum
1. To help the students to demonstrate and develop essential skills, that shall help them to meet the expectations of the Norfolk state effectively. The purpose of this goal is to empower and motivate the students to achieve their dreams as well as possess full potential that will enable them to become responsible citizens in a dynamic world. For example, a student who is skilled and has adequate knowledge of reading, writing, critical thinking, decision making, study skills, mathematics, and global/cultural understanding can be able to work in any organization and live in any society.
2. To grant the each and every student on an individual basis the opportunity to develop and apply the learned skills in their lives in every way possible. For instance, the pilot curriculum targets at making students act responsibly in all their activities with or without any form of supervision. Also, the students are expected in their individual levels to learn and practice how to respect and appreciate democratic institutions and other people’s rights.
3. To assist the students to develop a sense of creativity and self-expression through different ways. The latter is important for students because the students are different in nature and hence have different ways of expressing themselves (Kelly, & Melograno, 2015). Some can use; music, arts, languages, body signs, literature and others through visual and verbal images. Hence, the understand is targeted at helping the student not only to be understood but also to understand others regardless of their ways of self-expression.
4. To develop human relations and social skills. Students being humans are social beings required interacting at any level of life; whether in career life as well as personal life. The curriculum pilot is hence targeting at making the students social beings is a great thing for the student as they shall be able to perfect their natural being of being human a thing that is needed on daily basis.
Top of Form
In Lo, J.-J., In Leatham, K. R., & In Van, Z. L. R. (2014). Research trends in mathematics teacher education. Long Grove, Illinois: Waveland Press, Inc.,
Top of Form
Kelly, L. E., & Melograno, V. (2015). Developing the physical education curriculum: An achievement-based approach. Long Grove, Illinois: Waveland Press, Inc.,
Bottom of Form
Bottom of Form
Top of Form
Salvia, J., Ysseldyke, J. E., & Bolt, S. (2013). Assessment in special and inclusive education. Belmont, CA: Wadsworth/Cencage Learning.
Bottom of Form
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Describe the specific curriculum area and grade level(s) for the pilot curriculum was first posted on February 6, 2019 at 1:48 pm.
©2019 "Lion Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@Lion Essays.com