In addition, you will craft an email to the CEO and the Board of Directors, explaining the purpose of the Intake Packet and all its components. Your email should use proper email formatting (including subject line description) and contain language appropriate to the receiver. (Here is a library resource for help writing a professional email.)
Finally, develop a PowerPoint presentation with audio for placement on the Facility website. (Here is a library resource for help creating a PowerPoint presentation.) Your audience includes past, current, and future patients. In the PowerPoint presentation, you will address the following:
- The Ethics and Values of the organization and an overview of the Code of Ethics
- The Purpose of the Intake Packet
- Explanation of HIPAA, and its goals and purpose
- Description and encouragement to sign the form acknowledging receipt
The PowerPoint presentation (or other shareable Webware/software you prefer) should be done with narration in which you explain each component of the Intake Packet.
- The PowerPoint should be between 10 and 15 slides.
- Describe each component of the Intake Packet.
- Use the notes area on each slide as needed to expand on the key points.
- You may use a free screen capture site such as Screencast-O-Maticto record a video of your presentation. Screencast-O-Matic is a site and program that can perform screen desk and audio capture up to 15 minutes for free, and can be utilized on a Windows or Mac computer. (Note: You can use another, similar program if you prefer. Screencast-O-Matic is only a suggestion). Make sure that both your voice and the PowerPoint slides are captured on the video