The paper will deal with introducing the topic, identifying key issues, current state of activity in the area, and future directions. The students will deliver on these items by identifying and using the leading research in the area from the latest editions of major finance journals; use at least four peer reviewed academic articles, and four credible professional/business journals, newspapers or magazines.
The research project (written and presentation) should provide a comprehensive overview of the topic by integrating the topics covered in this course as they impact the area. Special consideration will be paid to the integration of finance topics while grading these projects. As such, students are encouraged to develop their papers in a manner which will highlight their understanding and integration of the topics covered in this course as part of their research project.
Develop a 1,000 – 1,200 word report including the following (all objectives emphasized in depth):
- Briefly discuss an overview of management to include Mintzberg’s managerial roles they play.
- Briefly examine the development of management theories, including how these theories reflected the changing business environment.
- Compare (alike) and contrast (different) the three management theories you included in your mangement theory table.
- Evaluate which of the three management theories works best for your work environment or an organization with which you are familiar.
- Valid research is used to appropriately support the content to include in-text citations. At least one of these in-text citations with the accompanying full reference. Must be from an academic/scholarly article within the UOP Library.