Week 10 Assignment 4 – Submit Here
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.
Assignment 4: Employment Law Case Brief
Due Week 10 and worth 200 points
Using the Internet, select and research an employment law case no greater than five (5) years old.
Write a three to four (3-4) page brief in which you:
1. Summarize the issue of the case, and then explain the employment law that was violated.
2. Evaluate the type of impact the violation had on the organization then determine two (2) ways the organization could mitigate the issue. Justify your response.
3. Based on your research, determine if a policy was or was not in place during the violation. Then, recommend a communication for all employees to enhance the knowledge of the policy. Support your response.
4. As a HR Manager, explore an organization you worked for or familiar with, then suggest three (3) ways you could make the organization violation free from employment law issues. Justify your response.
5. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
· Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
· Determine employment laws that apply to the selection, development, and management of employees.
· Evaluate policies and processes that promote a diverse workforce.
· Develop policies that are compliant with employment laws.
· Use technology and information resources to research issues in employment law.
· Write clearly and concisely about employment law using proper writing mechanic.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.