Scenario 8: Your business unit is growing and you need to build the leadership talent within
your group to bring onboard new talent for junior positions. You have one employee with
leadership potential, but he often is inappropriate in meetings and emails. How do you
address the areas for improvement and push this employee to become an effective leader?
How do you develop new leaders?
THATS WHAT WE CAME UP AS A GROUP ABOUT THE SCENARIO
– average sized company
– Marketing firm
– all projects are done through team work and then reported back to one supervisor
– Overall company atmosphere is positive and supportive of the growth of their employees
– employee character:
– talented and skilled worker with high leadership potential
– speaks his mind without a filter
– words can come across in a wrong and hurtful way
– makes a lot of jokes that can sometimes be offensive even through he doesn’t mean it
– disrupts the teams social setting and atmosphere
– people feeling get hurt
– slows down the work flow and the workers aren’t as productive
– conflicts with the values, visions and goals of the company
-not respecting the diversity
-not able to provide best workDETAILED PROBLEM STATEMENT
– offensive jokes
– impulsive ideas (considers his ideas as the final ones)
– doesn’t share the company’s common visions
ALTERNATIVES SOLUTIONS AND OBSTACLES
– People do not see him as their leader
– he wants to change but does not see the issue
– teammates have different different communication styles and don’t know how to work
– his own unwillingness to change
– sitting the employee down and simply trying the honest approach and telling him whats going
on and what the company expects of him
– team building exercises monitored by superior and extra curriculum
– Discussing their belief in his potential growth and success which would him more wiling to
change and become a better leader
(read instruction) Alternative Solutions and Obstacles: Use this section to develop
3 specific alternatives (possible solutions) and potential obstacles. Note carefully
the material below.
Support your analysis with at least two examples and your research. Use
Be clear and specific, these should all be things that can be implemented
and are directly related to the leadership topics discussed in this class (i.e.,
they are actually possible).
(read instruction) Solution: Develop an argument to support the solution you think is
the best of the three alternatives you presented. We are now down to WHAT you
think should be done to fix
Be sure the solution matches the problem.
Support your solution with at least two research concepts.
Harvard Business Review
MIT Sloan Management Review
Wall Street Journal
New York Times
City-based newspapers (e.g., Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune)
My part about what we came up as a group about the scenario is the “alternatives solutions and
obstacles” but i posted the other parts just for the writer to understand the scenario a bit more. So
“alternatives solutions and obstacles” thats where the writer need to focus on. Read my part
about the “alternatives solutions and obstacles” that we came up with as a group and also read
the instruction of “alternatives solutions and obstacles” and also “solutions”. Then do the
research by using a source from “list A” and “list B”. focus your research about what i came up
with the “alternatives solutions and obstacles” if you do that, then you can do the “Solutions”
itself mentioned above because it goes together.(just read the instruction).
PS: Please if you DONT get anything ask me about it.