Incrisis hospital has been concerned with the increased number of calls from patients regarding their quality of care from a variety of departments, including its emergency room, and its surgery, oncology, and X-ray/lab departments.
Incrisis is a 100-bed acute facility and was established in 2006. The human resource department hired you as a consultant to review the quality of care issue and make a recommendation on creating a quality assurance department.
Develop a 10- to 15-slide PowerPoint presentation to provide to the board of directors.
The presentation should cover the following topics:
- The link between cost and quality in healthcare. Cite at least two studies conducted in the past five years supporting your response.
- The role health insurance plays in cost, quality, and healthcare consumer expectations.
- The various customers (e.g., patients, families, providers, insurance companies) and the healthcare quality from their perspective.
- At least three current business initiatives driving healthcare quality.
- The role that national policy plays on the quality of healthcare.
- A clear explanation of why the quality assurance department should be created.
There are leaders in every field of study and business around the world. Select a business leader you admire. Use your textbook, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet to select a leader and then to research the leaders career.
Write a paper on your selected leader. Include the following in the paper:
- Give an overview of the organization and the leader.
- Explain how the person demonstrates integrity or ethics, giving examples.
- Provide your own insight into the organization or leader.
- What makes the person or organization stand out?
- If you were in that person’s place or worked for the organization, would you make the same choices? Why or why not?
Write a three- to four-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards for writing style to your work. Also use APA to cite books, articles and websites used in your research.