3. When you have begun your entry strategy and chosen a local alliance partner, continue to the next step, where you will determine your organization’s degree of fit with the selected country.
The next step in developing your entry strategy is to determine your organization’s degree of fit with the selected country. Answer the following questions in your entry strategy:
• How would you make the strategic alliance work? Regulations and laws governing different types of business entities vary considerably from one country to another. What kind of legal business entity do you recommend for your organization in the country of operation? What will be the impact of certain country laws on this type of business entity?
• What are the operational roles and activities of the partners? Design an organizational chart for operations in the country. Explain why you have chosen this organizational structure.
• What will be the likely impact of the country’s culture and geography on your organization, the value-chain activities that are being relocated to the country, and the growth in sales of your organization’s products in the country? Review Globalizing the Management Model for depth of understanding.
4. Now that you have developed an entry strategy and determined your organization’s degree of fit within the selected country, you will create a marketing plan.
In addition to relocating certain activities in the value chain to the selected country, evaluate the country for its suitability as a market for your organization’s products. Review Target Markets for help with this evaluation.
The first step in developing your marketing strategy is to identify and assess the following components:
• your organization’s main competitors in the country (Turkey)
• the actual and potential size of the market
• market and segment growth
• market and segment profitability
• underlying costs and cost structure
• distribution systems channels
When you have addressed these components in your marketing strategy, continue to the next step, where you will assess the characteristics of your organization’s potential customers in the selected country.
5. As you continue developing your marketing strategy, the next step is to make recommendations on particular aspects of your organization’s marketing strategy that would be tailored to the country’s market for your organization. Specifically, address the following components:
• marketing mix in the country
• promotional practices
• branding strategies
When you have assessed the characteristics of your organization’s potential customers in the selected country, continue to the next step, where you will assess your organization’s use of web networks and social media for e-marketing.
6. In the final step of develop