Please complete ALL THREE of the Professional Development exercises.
rounds Charles encounters a rare condition he has never personally
seen, and only vaguely remembers hearing about in nursing school. He
takes a few moments to prepare himself by searching the Internet. That
evening, he researches even further to treat, administer, and assess the
patient safely. He searches clinical databases online and his own
school textbooks. Most of the information seems consistent, yet some
factors vary. Charles wants to provide the highest quality in patient
- What should Charles do when he encounters information in two sources that is directly contradictory?
- Which resources are the most trusted?
- Which resources are the most accurate?
- What criteria should Charles use to identify credible resources to enhance his clinical practice?
- Practice extracting data from a database at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) State Cancer Profiles web site:
- Compare data from at least 2 different states
- Search for incidence by gender
- Search for incidence by race/ethnicity
- Visit the National Guidelines Clearinghouse web site:
- Type ‘nursing’ in the search box to limit the results to those that are within the boundaries of nursing practice
- Choose one of the guidelines and describe how it was developed and summarize the practice recommendations
are these recommendations similar to or different from those contained
in your textbook or those currently practiced in your clinical setting?
a clinical topic and design a search strategy for searching an online
database such as CINAHL or MEDLINE. Reflect on your search strategy, for
example, what search terms did you initially use, what new terms did
you discover as you searched, how did you limit/refine your search?
submit one APA formatted paper between 1700 words, not including the
title and reference page. The assignment should have a minimum of four
scholarly sources, in addition to the textbook.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
What should Charles do when he encounters information in two sources that is directly contradictory? was first posted on May 14, 2019 at 9:34 am.
©2019 "Lion Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@Lion Essays.com