Well Child Developmental Assessment Paper Guidelines
student will conduct a pediatric developmental assessment in order to
facilitate his/her learning of the multiple, predictable aspects of a
child’s growth and development.The student will also assess the child’s
home environment to identify some of the factors influencing the child’s
development.Following the visit, a written paper will be due which will
include physiologic and psychosocial assessment data, goals for the
child and family, interventions, and recommendations.
I.PROCEDURE FOR THE VISIT
Identify a well child (1 month – 10 years of age) either in a home or school environment.The child should not be a member of the student’s immediate family.
home visits, you will be conducting a developmental and a home
assessment for a child birth to 10 years of age.For school students, you
may conduct a systematic assessment of their developmental status and
identify environmental factors located in the school which are aimed at
stimulating their development.
Some suggested parameters to include:
a)birth date, age, and gender
b)growth parameters – use growth charts based on the
- For children < 2 years, use the Birth to 36 months 3rd-97th percentile forms and plot the following on the chart:
- length for age
- weight for age
- head circumference for age
- weight for length
- For children > 2 years, use the 2-20 years 3rd-97th percentile forms and plot the following on the chart:
- stature for age
- weight for age
- BMI for age
d)development – remember the different aspects of development
- Who lives in the home and what are their roles with the child?
- What influences do they have on the child’s development?
- Is the child cared for outside of the home and what impact does that have on the child and his/her family?
f)home environment or school assessment–
safety issues that may not be covered by this tool, i.e.: guns in home,
helmets w/ bikes, harmful chemicals within reach, etc.
2) ANALYSIS OF DATA
- Interpret the child’s growth percentiles.
and interpret child developmental findings. Select at least two
developmental theorists and compare the child’s development.
Assess the child’s environment in the areas of cognitive and social
emotional support, safety, nutrition, and list factors that facilitate
or inhibit the child’s growth and development. Or, if school based,
describe environmental factors you have identified that are stimulating
the child’s development
- Discuss problems to be addressed, nursing diagnoses, and needs. If there are no problems, discuss anticipatory guidance needs.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Well Child Developmental Assessment Paper Guidelines was first posted on May 14, 2019 at 1:26 pm.
©2019 "Lion Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@Lion Essays.com