Performance Task Analysis- Summative Assessment Preparation
This week’s assignment requires you to make connections between our course learning outcomes, what you observe from a highly effective source known as Smarter Balanced, and how you can apply what you’ve learned to your own instructional practice. You will first spend some time analyzing the Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium website to inform your response. The following must be done before constructing your assignment:
- View Introduction to Smarter Balanced item and performance task development PowerPoint. Be sure to view the comments list.
- Read the Frequently asked questions on the Smarter Balance Assessment Consortium website
- Take some time to peruse the various sample items and corresponding rubrics (when applicable) by selecting “View More Sample Items” at the top of the Consortium screen.
- Guided exploration: Analyze the Grandma Ruth 6th grade writing performance task and its corresponding rubric.
To find the rubric in part “d”, view the “About this item” tab at the top. Note the “Claim” for the assignment (aligns with standard) and the “Target” (objectives and sub-objectives align with Depth of Knowledge [DOK]).
Directions: Use the provided template to complete your analysis of what you learned from Smarter Balanced. Ultimately, you will evaluate how what you observe relates to our course learning outcomes regarding Learning and Assessment for the 21st century. You must include:
- Column 1: All six Course Learning Outcomes (CLO) including numbers and descriptions.
- Column 2: At least one specific example of what you observed from Smarter Balanced that aligns with the corresponding Course Learning Outcome (CLO).
- Column 3: Describe how the course learning outcome and coordinating evidence from Smarter Balanced can support you in your own construction of assessments.
See the example below (may not reproduce content):
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Use the provided template to complete your analysis of what you learned from Smarter Balanced. was first posted on February 12, 2019 at 3:10 pm.
©2019 "Lion Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@Lion Essays.com