Read, Fitz-Gibbon’s, “Peace” and answer the following questions:
1. Summarize Fitz-Gibbon’s account of the history of nonviolence.
2. How does Fitz-Gibbon’s describe the difference between comprehensive approaches to nonviolence and less selective approaches?
3. What are the three main types of pacifism that Fitz-Gibbon discusses?
Read Singer, “The Singer Solution to World Poverty” and answer the following questions:
1. Explain how Singer’s reasoning is “utilitarian”
2. Does it matter that there are a lot of people who could help and who need help?
3. How does Singer differentiate between luxury goods and the basic needs of the poor?