Organisational Change and Development (BBMM603)
DUE WEEK 6.2
Learning Outcome Assessed: a – e.
Weighting: 30% = ESSAY
Word Limit:2500 words
No extensions will be given Assessment – 2
Due in WK 6.2
Effects of Environmental Change on Organisations
In this assessments students must write a 2500 word essay on
· how business has been affected by changes in technology
The areas to be included in your essay should include a discussion on:
o What is the external environment
o What is the internal Environment
o Who are the stakeholders
· Drivers of Change
o What are the key drivers of change
· Planned/Unplanned Changes
o Explain if the changes could have been foreseen
o Were they planned for appropriately
o Were some of the changes “disruptive”
· Change Interventions undertaken (or not)
o Techniques used
o The success or otherwise of interventions
o Types and examples of organisational development interventions undertaken
· Types of barriers faced in the businesses to change
Content should display logic, flow and cite examples and theories.
You must include:
· Research using at least 2 peer reviewed academic journal articles.
· Use peer reviewed academic journals to support any statement you make.
· Carefully select appropriate theories and concepts
· Construct an in-depth and analytical discussion
· Use evidence and examples to support your work from current news and developments around the world
· Write in a clear and logical manner.
· Cite all references using the Harvard /APA referencing system
· Prepare and format a reference list.
Your essay should be in proper format and will be assessed on the following criteria:
· Quality of analysis of the topics applying the theoretical concepts of the course.
· Creativity and innovation demonstrated in presenting information.
· Consistent fonts and logical paragraph breaks
Assessment is Worth 30 marks
Report-Your assignment will be assessed on the following:
Quality and breadth of the research into the selected topic. Have you justified all observations and statements? /8
Quality of the analysis and conclusions /7
Quality of the discussion, and how closely you have covered all relevant aspects of theory.
Creativity and continuity in how well your essay holds together /2
Spelling, grammar and clarity /3
General format of the essay and presentation in proper format /2
Proper referencing of the sources and proper Harvard referencing style
Signed by Tutor: