“Monopolies” Please respond to the following:
- In today’s economy, there are a wide number of powerful companies who from all appearances control massive segments of different markets. Using the Internet, identify one (1) example of a large company that has (or might be) engaged in anticompetitive behavior. Next, suggest three (3) ways that this behavior could be viewed as either a horizontal or vertical restraint of trade. Provide support for your response.
- In your response to another student, take a contrary view and discuss why you believe the behavior identified could be deemed as not being a restraint of trade. Justify your response
1. In order to discuss an example of an anti-competitive company, you must first discuss what the law considers to be anti-competitive.
2. Provide and example of an anti-competitive with details that show the class how this company fits the description for an anti-competitive company.
3. Discuss what horizontal and vertical restraint of trade means.
4. Suggest three ways that their behavior can be viewed as either horizontal or vertical restraint on trade.
5. Justify your response with proper support.
Please review these links for guidance: