Assignment 2: Conclusions Concerning the Provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
In this assignment, you will discuss the information you have learned about the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act over the past weeks and about the provisions concerning Medicare, Medicaid, the individual mandate, and employer responsibilities.
- From your research in Week 1, now that the law was passed, explain the impact you think the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will have on the uninsured population in the U.S.
- Prioritize the importance of the provisions studied to date (e.g., Medicare, Medicaid, the individual mandate) and tie into it this week’s discussion on healthcare disparities from the most important to the least important. State the reasons you ranked the provisions in the order you presented.
- Discuss the potential success or failure of this act. Justify your opinion.
- Discuss future implications of this act’s success or failure.
- Present your analysis with supporting information as a 3- to 5-page report in a Microsoft Word document formatted in APA style.