You are to write an essay which identifies and critically discusses the range of events held in a city( GOLD COAST OR BRISBANE), district or region and their impact on the economy, culture and environment of that location.
Overall the essay must be integrated, comprehensive and demonstrate an understanding of the relationship between the events industry and regional development.
There should be a meaningful discussion about the key factors rather than mere descriptions of elements.
The essay should:
• identify the various types of events (mega, hallmark, community, business, cultural etc.);
• discuss the significance of the event industry in the location;
• describe and discuss, with examples, how the events and event tourism interact with the location’s:
◦ regional economic development (jobs, income, sustainability);
◦ regional social/cultural development (social cohesion and inclusion);
◦ regional environmental development (infrastructure, revitalisation and appreciation of attractions, sustainability).
There needs to be:
• Engagement with the study materials for this unit – textbook, academic journals, the Internet, trade and other published reports and documentation to research and develop discussion
At least 4 academic references should be cited
• A reference list provided for any literature cited that uses the Harvard system of referencing.