WK:6, CRJ 320: Criminal Investigation,
“Sexual Assault Evidence and Forms of Abuse among Children” Please respond to the following:
- It is common knowledge that rape and sexual assault investigations provide evidence such as stained or torn clothing, scratches, bruises and cuts used to solve the crime. Determine at least three (3) other forms of evidence associated with a rape or sexual assault. Next, recommend at least one (1) action that the law enforcement could take in order to investigate such a crime.
- The textbook cites that the four (4) most common types of abuse among children are neglect, physical abuse, emotional abuse, and sexual abuse. Select one (1) out of the four (4) types of abuse among children. Next, determine the key challenges that the investigator may confront while investigating the abuse you selected. Suggest one (1) strategy geared toward mitigating the challenges you determined. Provide a rationale to support your response.
We are progressing well. I will be throwing in some questions this week for the crime scene. What we have so far:
- The mother called it in a welfare check, officers arrived.
- We found a white make approximately 3 weeks deceased in decomposition.
- Name is Charlie Strayer
- Charlie is married, unable to get a hold of the wife.
- We took into evidence (from your posts):
- Gun found underneath Charlie
- Beer bottles
- Pill bottle
Yes, we can let the mother know what happened and what we found. This is still an active investigation and the mother, wife, sister, aunt, uncle could be a suspect at this point. We just do not know what we have so we have to be a little cautious about what we say and what we know. Many of you were very cautious, I liked it!
While speaking to the mother, she advises you ” I knew he was dead…. his drug dealing girlfriend, I know she killed him for the life insurance policy… I just know it, her drug dealing boyfriend probably did it, my poor son.” When you ask her about the wife she slurred some profanity and walked off.
As you get back into the station the news media is in the lobby and wants to speak with you concerning the case. As you walk in the Chief advises you that you could speak with them.
News reporter says:” I hear we have our 5th homicide in Strayerville this month. Should the public be afraid? What is happening to this town Detective”: You reply……
(1) Give a statement to the media
(2) What are we waiting for now, where do we go. We took the things into evidence, what do you want done with them?
(3) Anything else?
2.WK6, HUM11 World Culture,
Week 6 Discussion – “Europe’s Cathedral Architecture”
“Europe’s Cathedral Architecture” Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Identify the key functions of stained glass windows in the Gothic style in Europe’s cathedral architecture. Identify two (2) differences between the Romanesque and Gothic cathedral structures, and discuss which you prefer and the reasons why. Identify one (1) existing structure (the closer to your home the better) that is Romanesque or Gothic, and explain the features that support your identification.
Gothic Style of Cathedral Architecture
- Chapter 12 (pp. 407-413), Stained glass windows; review Week 6 Music Folder
- Stained glass windows at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9727p6ozlYo
- Key differences between Romanesque and Gothic cathedrals at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D20tG65TWic
Please be sure to use Template for Discussion Week 6
Minimum of 125 Words Week 6 Discussion Template Hello Awesome Classmates and the wonderful and amazing Dr. C (Ok, so you don’t have to use those cool adjectives, lol), here is my main post to the Week 6 Discussion: “Europe’s Cathedral Architecture”Key functions of stained glass windows
- Well there are two main areas to discuss in this section. Assess how stained glass provided an opportunity to increase the amount of light within buildings, especially Gothic style buildings. Another key function of stained glass was that it gave the church an opportunity. Think about this, how do you teach lessons on Christianity to a population that was largely illiterate? Even the mass, which was conducted in Latin, was not a language most people could understand.
Two structural differences between Romanesque and Gothic cathedrals
- Ok, here you can assess the overall design. One structure is very solid, almost like a fortress, with few windows and thick solid walls. Think about how one would feel inside such a structure, dark and lit by hundreds of candles. Then talk about Gothic architecture, stretching higher and higher in the sky, with lots of windows, light etc. Then think about how people felt sitting inside one of these structures
I prefer (Gothic or Romanesque) style because
- For this section specifically say which style you prefer and then elaborate a bit as to why
An example of (Romanesque or Gothic) architecture near me is
- Ok, this section should be easy, especially for Gothic style buildings. Many churches in your area, especially Catholic ones are probably Gothic in style. Public buildings, like a courthouse or library might be more Romanesque in nature. This would be a great spot to include a picture. You can certainly use Google to find a picture of a building your local area to add to your post. So clearly identify the name of the building, the location of it and which style you think it best represents
Please note there are 2 separate discussion questions, need both answered individually with no plag, no mispells etc. There are no line or word requirements. I need a thorough response to each question from both subjects.