You currently work on a med-surgical unit in a medium-size hospital. The usual nurse-to-patient ratio is 1:5, which you feel is a heavy, but manageable, patient load. You arrive for your 7A to 7P shift and are told that, due to several RNs calling in sick with the flu, you will need to take nine patients. You question if additional staff is available from another unit, and you are told that administration is attempting to get help for the unit, but that none is available at this time. You then state, “I will take the assignment, but I must first claim Safe Harbor.”
[Paste the SAFE HARBOR QUICK REQUEST form here.]
[Paste the COMPREHENSIVE REQUEST FOR SAFE HARBOR form here.]
Part 2: Reflection Questions
After you complete the two forms, answer these questions in the spaces provided.
- How long did it take you to complete the Quick Form?
- How long did it take you to complete the Comprehensive Form?
- Who else must complete portions of the form(s)?
Submitting Your Assignment:
- Click Module 4: Assignment in the Module 4 folder.
- Scroll down to Assignment Submission. Click Browse My Computer and navigate to your Desktop where you saved your paper. Select the final version of your paper to upload from your computer.
- Click Submit at the bottom of the Assignment Submission screen and your saved document assignment will appear in the gradebook with a green exclamation point that alerts your Academic Coach that your assignment is ready for grading.