Locate an example for each of these types of communication genres:
- Business card
- Policy or departmental memorandum
- Departmental brochure or recruitment materials
- Governmental agency social media (Twitter, Facebook, etc…)
Download and save each of these 5 examples you find.
Write a 1,400-word paper (maximum word count, but word count does not include title or reference pages, you can have 1,400 words in the body) in which you refer to your examples for each of the above listed communication genres.
In this paper, you need to have sections with the five examples listed above. Then underneath each of the five sections, you need subsections answering each of the bulleted items in the list below for EACH of the five main section topics:
- How does the purpose of the communication relate to the particular communication genre? In what ways does the genre help readers grasp information quickly and effectively? In what way is the genre similar or different than the other genres you chose?
- What role has technology played in the development of the genre? How is it similar or different than the other genres you chose?
- How does the use of these conventions promote understanding for the intended audience of the communication? How is it similar or different than the other genres you chose?
- Is the communication intended for external or internal distribution? Describe ethical and privacy considerations used for determining an appropriate method of distribution. How is it similar or different than the other genres you chose?
Cite at least three academic sources (can be many more sources since you will probably be citing at least 5 for each of the examples you find) in your paper. No maximum for number of sources cited.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.