The answer to each question should be approximately 6 to 10 sentences in length. You
should write your responses in complete sentences free of spelling and grammatical errors.
Please type your answers in a Word document and then paste your answers below each
question in the space provided.
1. 1. List the television show that you watched. Use the communication task roles Chapter 9
and 10 discuss to describe two specific characters and the communication task role(s) they
played. How did these roles affect group communication? Give specific examples.
2. 2. Describe each maintenance role in your own words, and explain which were present in
the television show you watched. Which maintenance roles have you commonly seen
happen in your everyday life?
3. 3. Briefly describe a " self-centered role." How do you think self-centered roles detract the
group from its goals? Give specific examples.
4. 4. Using the functional approach to leadership, analyze the leader of the group from the
television show you watched. Did this leader perform mostly task functions or process
functions? How did the person’s leadership affect the communication of the group? Give
specific examples and incorporate concepts from the textbook.
5. 5. Of the variables that affect climate (found on page 267), which was the most prevalent in
the group communication that you observed?