Health Care Provider and Faith Diversity: First Draft
Paper must be written from the nursing point of view.
The practice of health care providers at all levels brings you into contact with people from a variety of faiths. This calls for knowledge and acceptance of a
diversity of faith expressions.
The purpose of this paper is to complete a comparative analysis of two faith philosophies towards providing health care, one being the Christian perspective. For the
second faith, choose a faith that is unfamiliar to you. Examples of faiths to choose from: Sikh, Baha’i, Buddhism, Shintoism, etc.
In your comparative analysis, address all of the worldview questions in detail for Christianity and your selected faith. Refer to chapter 2 of Called to Care for the
list of questions. Be sure to address the implications of these beliefs for health care.
In a minimum of 1,500-2,000 words, provide a comparative analysis of the different belief systems, reinforcing major themes with insights gained from your research and
answering the following questions based on the research:
1. What is your spiritual perspective on healing?
2. What are critically common to all religions/beliefs spiritual components of healing, such as prayer, meditation, belief, etc.? Explain.
3. What is important to patients of the faith when cared for by health care providers whose spiritual beliefs differ from their own?
In your conclusion, describe what you have learned from the research and how this learning can be applied to a health care provider.
Support your position by referencing at least three academic resources (preferably from the GCU Library) in addition to the course readings, the Bible, and the
textbooks for each religion. Each religion must have a primary source included. A total of six references are required according to the specifications listed above.
Incorporate the research into your writing in an appropriate, scholarly manner.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines
1. Christianity and selected faith are present and all of the worldview questions are addressed.
2. A comparative analysis of the different belief systems, reinforcing major themes with insights gained from your research, shows a deep understanding of the
3. A description of spiritual perspective on healing shows a deep understanding of the connections.
4. Explanation of critical components common to all religions/beliefs spiritual components of healing shows a deep understanding of the connections.
5. Important factors to people of a particular faith when cared for by health care providers whose spiritual beliefs differ from their own are present and show a deep
understanding of the connections.
6. A description of what was learned from the research and how this can be applied to health care providers shows a deep understanding of the connections.
7. Thesis and/or main claim are comprehensive. The essence of the paper is contained within the thesis. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear.
8. Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive thesis and/or main claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative.