- Explain, in terms a layperson could understand, the neurobiology of drug tolerance, dependence, and withdrawal.
- Choose one of the following areas and broadly recount its socio-historical path:
- Models of substance use
- Substance abuse treatments
- The social/self-help movements
- Treatment and prevention efforts
- In considering both psychological evaluations and laboratory assessments of substance use disorders, discuss the factors which you consider to be most pressing in determining which type(s) of assessment(s) to administer – those factors may be related to the client, to the substance being used, and/or to the assessment tools themselves.
- Characterize the three specific factors you believe are most important for a basic understanding of each of the following substances of abuse. Be sure to justify your choices using only about 100 words for each:
- Marijuana, Hallucinogens, & Club Drugs
- Cocaine & Stimulants
- Sedatives/Hypnotics & Benzodiazepines
- Choose one of the following questions:
- Based on your reading and understanding of the traditional substance use disorders thus far, argue either for or against considering the “behavioral” addictions like pathological gambling to be “addictive” disorders.
- Discuss some of the primary clinical challenges of managing pain and addiction in a clinical population.
For these questions you must use the book that is being listed as the ONLYreference. There is NO quoting allowed, all information must be restated in own words. The formatting is to be done with APA standards and ALLanswers MUST be 600 words EACH.