In this assignment, you are to write a three-page paper explaining the history, structure, and purpose of the U.S. Constitution. Your paper should address the history and structure of the U.S. Constitution using the list below:
1. Identify events that led to the creation of the document.
2. Explain the need that was felt by the founders used to justify why it was written as it was.
3. Identify the general topics covered in the various sections of the U.S. Constitution.
4. The documents could be described by the processes it created. One of the most celebrated concepts is the rule of law.
5. Explain how the Constitution contributes to that non-violent and orderly transition of power within the democracy.
6. Address which sections focus on the amendment process and the transition of the government.
7. Parts of the documents place very explicit limitations on the power of the government—choose two and explain them with some detail.
8. Identify the branches of the federal government.
9. Explain the role and power of the U.S. Supreme Court.
All sources used, including the textbook, must be referenced; paraphrased and quoted material must have accompanying APA citations.
Epstein, L., & Walker, T. G. (2016). Constitutional law for a changing America: Rights, liberties, and justice (9th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: CQ Press.