Employee Development” Please respond to the following:
- Propose three ways that a mentor and a new employee orientation can assist employees with their career development.
- Evaluate the following criteria, in order of importance to you, in regard to the workplace: material wealth, success, career satisfaction, and work-life. Determine whether or not you believe there is a way to balance them. Provide two suggestions on how this could be done. Support your position.
“HR Certifications” Please respond to the following:
- Go to the Society for Human Resource Management’s (SHRM) Website and review the information regarding HR certifications. You can also go to the HR Certification Institute’s Website and review information regarding HR certifications. Next, examine the benefits of obtaining a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification and / or a Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) certification. Rate the importance of these certifications in regard to an HR employee’s career.
- Examine some of the causes and symptoms of employee burnout. Propose steps that management can take to reduce the possibility of employee burnout.
“Compensation and Government Regulations” Please respond to the following:
- Compare job-based pay with skill-based pay and provide an example of each. Determine which pay you would prefer. Support your decision.
- Determine how government regulations affect compensation and if the regulations are needed. Support your position with examples.
“Compensation Packages” Please respond to the following:
- Examine the common elements of compensation packages. Determine which two elements you believe to be the most motivational to an employee and to you. Support your position.
- Compare team and individual bonuses and incentives. Determine which type of bonuses and incentives you would prefer. Support your position with examples.
Labor Unions” Please respond to the following:
- Go to the United States Department of Labor and read the section titled “Employment Rights: Who has Them and Who Enforces Them”. Next, evaluate the intended effectiveness of The Americans with Disabilities Act and The Rehabilitation Act of 1973. Determine how these laws affect human resource (HR) management. Speculate what the impact of the Act will be in 10 years. Support your position.
- Use the Internet to research the role of unions in the United States compared to three other countries. Next, examine how the role of unions in other countries differs from the role of unions in the United States. Provide examples of three countries and how unions operate in those countries in regard to HR management
Company reorganization and the Future of HR” Please respond to the following:
- Provide an example of a company that has done a total “ turnaround”. Determine if the turnaround has been effective and improved its profitability.
- Examine changes and developments that are currently taking place in the field of HR management. Predict two changes and developments that are likely to occur in this field in the next 10 years.