Evidence From The Literature Purpose
Unit 4 Assignment: Evidence from the Literature
NU310-2: Appraise credibility of sources utilizing measures of reliability, validity and level of evidence.
GEL 1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard English.
The purpose of this Assignment is to help you learn to conduct a review of the literature, correctly identify the level of evidence of primary sources on the evidence hierarchy, and to critique the important aspects of a scholarly research report.
1. Choose a nursing sensitive topic from the list below. Go to the University library and conduct a search of the literature and find 2 scholarly primary research reports that relate to the clinical topic you chose.
List of 15 nurse sensitive outcomes:
Nursing Hours per Patient Day.
Patient Falls with Injury.
Pressure Ulcer Rate.
Pediatric Pain Assessment, Intervention, Reassessment (AIR) Cycle.
Pediatric Peripheral Intravenous Infiltration.
Psychiatric Physical/Sexual Assault.
You may also choose from the following clinical topics:
- Write a brief 2-3-page critical Lion Essays summarizing the two research studies. This paper should be written in standard American English with proper grammar and spelling. The paper should include a title page, running head, and page numbers; it should be double spaced, have a separate page for references that follows 6th edition APA formatting and citation style.
- Your paper should include the following:
A title page in APA format
An introductory paragraph which includes a brief discussion of the objectives of your paper.
The body of the paper should include:
a summary and critique/appraisal of each article with a discussion of methodology and research design the researchers used. The writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
where you would place the article in the evidence hierarchy (level of research evidence) with rationale.
a brief discussion of the findings of the study
how these articles contribute to the body of nursing knowledge and supports evidence for clinical practice. (one to two paragraphs for each study).
The body of the paper should be a continuous piece of writing that allows for a sustained viewpoint with logical order and organization.
- A summary paragraph (conclusion).
- Paper should be no more than 4 pages in length including title page and separate reference page with 3-5 scholarly references.
The post Evidence From The Literature Purpose appeared first on Lion Essays.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
Evidence From The Literature Purpose was first posted on May 10, 2019 at 5:51 pm.
©2019 "Lion Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@Lion Essays.com