Your Module 3 readings explained that understanding cultural differences are critical to success in international business. A country’s culture reflects and shapes its values, and each country adopts laws that reflect their prevailing ethical standards.
Consider the following scenario:
To assist the sale of your products in a particular foreign market, you are advised to pay a 10 percent commission to a go-between who has access to high-ranking government officials in that market. You suspect, but do not know, that the go-between will split the commission with the government officials who decide which goods to buy.
Use your module readings, the Argosy University online library resources, and the Internet to research the importance of understanding cultural differences in global business. Then, respond to the following:
- Should you pay the 10 percent commission? Justify your response.
- Does it make a difference if your competitors routinely pay such commissions? Explain why this may or may not have an impact on your decision.
- Do you think there should be more or fewer attempt to regulate international ethics? Why? Justify your answer using the research you have done in preparation for this assignment.
review and comment on at least two peers’ responses. Examine their arguments in support of the selected system and provide counterarguments.
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
Do the following when responding to your peers:
- Read your peers’ answers.
- Provide substantive comments by
- contributing new, relevant information from course readings, Web sites, or other sources;
- building on the remarks or questions of others; or
- sharing practical examples of key concepts from your professional or personal experiences
- Respond to feedback on your posting and provide feedback to other students on their ideas.
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Initial response was:
Discussion Response and Participation: