DQ#1: Designing for Product Excellence
Discuss the basic concepts in designing for product excellence. How can product design effect manufacturability and environmental responsibility? Refer to this week’s lecture before crafting your post. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts.
DQ#2: Control Charts
Magnum Magnetics makes induction meters used in vending machines to test the validity of coins. Their specifications require the induction reading capability of the meters to fall between 0.25 and 0.50 Tesla (T) units. Quality analysts took a random test readings of 30 meters (shown below).
- Using Microsoft Excel® or similar software with statistical capability, construct a run chart from the individual readings.
- Interpret what the data show. Does the process appear to be in control?
- What might be some possible causes of different out-of-control indicators?
Refer to this week’s lecture before crafting your post. Respond to at least two of your classmates’ posts.
Extra: The two links listed below are YouTube videos on creating control charts using Microsoft Excel®.
- How to…draw a basic control chart in Excel 2010 (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- Create a basic control chart (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.