Module Four Learning Objectives:
1. Discuss the role of the nurse and nursing organization as a health promoter and care provider.
2. Discuss the impact of nursing and how professional nursing organizations respond to the ever-changing health care delivery system.
3. Identify various settings where community-based nursing is practiced.
4. Apply aspects of culturally competent care via health promotion goals of the chosen professional organization.
5. Apply aspects of spiritually competent care via health promotion goals of the chosen professional organization.
6. Identify individual strengths and weaknesses related to the profession of nursing by applying content learned from required readings.
7. Develop a plan of professional growth related to strengths and weaknesses by applying content learned from required readings.
8. Discuss various dimensions of holistic health care as it pertains to the individual practice of nursing and/or the chosen professional organization.
Module Four Introduction
In this module, you will explore the nurse as a health promoter and care provider in an evolving health care delivery system. In addition, the content in this section
will cover the practicing of nursing in the home and community, dimensions of holistic care in a culturally and spiritually diverse world
REQUIRED TEXTBOOKS using for the class:
American Association of Colleges of Nursing. (2008). The essentials of baccalaureate education
for professional nursing practice. Available free online at:
American Nurses Association. (2010). Nursing: Scope and standards of practice. Silver
Spring, MD: Author. [ISBN:978-1-55810-282-8]
American Psychological Association. (2010). Publication manual of the American
Pyschological Association (6th ed.). Washington DC:Author.
Blais, K.K., Hayes, J.S., Kozier, B., & Erb, G. (2011). Professional nursing: Conceptsand
perspectives (6th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall. [ISBN: 978-0-