The purpose of this task is to develop a working
knowledge of nursing theory, nursing ethics, and professional
accountability and apply these concepts to your professional clinical
practice. You will be required to think about real-life scenarios and
how they relate to nursing codes in your professional practice.
submission must be your original work. No more than a combined total of
30% of the submission and no more than a 10% match to any one
individual source can be directly quoted or closely paraphrased from
sources, even if cited correctly. Use the Turnitin Originality Report
available in Taskstream as a guide for this measure of originality.
must use the rubric to direct the creation of your submission because
it provides detailed criteria that will be used to evaluate your work.
Each requirement below may be evaluated by more than one rubric aspect.
The rubric aspect titles may contain hyperlinks to relevant portions of
A. Identify a nursing theory that has influenced your values and goals.
1. Explain how the identified theory from part A can be used to describe, explain, and predict excellent nursing practices.
2. Discuss how the identified theory from part A fits your professional practice.
B. Discuss how the contributions of two historical nursing figures in the nineteenth or twentieth century that has inspired your professional nursing practice.
Compare the differences in contributions of the two historical figures
discussed in part B to your professional nursing practice.
2. Analyze how the two historical figures from part B have influenced your work as a nurse in the twenty-first century.
C. Explain the functional differences between the State Board of Nursing and the American Nurses Association (ANA).
1. Define the roles of these two organizations.
2. Explain how these two organizations influence your nursing practice.
3. Describe the implications associated with failure to maintain your licensure requirements.
4. Compare the differences between registered nursing license requirements in a compact state versus a non-compact state.
D. Discuss how the regulatory agencies define your nursing practice in the role of patient advocacy and patient safety.
1. Describe the implications associated with tworegulatory agencies (e.g., FDA, CMS) when a patient requests an alternative therapy.
E. Compare how the Nurse Practice Act functions in twostates by doing the following:
1. Discuss the differences and similarities in your selected states from part E.
Compare the standards and scope of nursing practice for RNs, LPN/LVN,
and unlicensed assistive personnel in your selected states from part E.
3. Compare the rules for effective delegation in your selected states from part E.
4. Compare the rules for safe practice in your selected states from part E.
Distinguish the advocacy of a registered nurse, a licensed practical
nurse/licensed vocational nurse, and a nursing assistant/unlicensed
assistant personnel in the following roles:
• a scientist
• a detective
• a healing environment manager
G. Identify two provisions from the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics (available in the web links section below).
1. Analyze how the two provisions identified in part G influence your professional nursing practice.
Using an example from your clinical practice, (e.g., skills lab,
simulation, or clinical), describe a time when you made a nursing error.
a. Explain how ANA provisions can be applied to the error identified in part G2.
H. Identify four leadership qualities that represent excellence in nursing.
1. Discuss the significance of the leadership qualities identified in part H in your role as each of the following:
• a leader at the bedside
• within the nursing team
• within the interdisciplinary team
2. Identify how your organization’s structures impact nursing leadership, decision making, and professional development.
Acknowledge sources, using APA-formatted in-text citations and
references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
J. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.
“Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!”
develop a working knowledge of nursing theory, nursing ethics was first posted on May 14, 2019 at 12:53 pm.
©2019 "Lion Essays". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at support@Lion Essays.com