- Use the data from the nursing scenario from the file I uploaded.
Create at least two visuals using your data from the data you chose in Week 2.
- Create one scatter plot of the data, and apply a linear model (also known as a regression) in Excel®. Include the equation, R2 value, and prediction value on the visual.
- Create one scatter plot of the data, and apply an exponential model in Excel®. Include the equation, R2 value, and prediction value on the visual.
- Determine whether the linear or the exponential model is a better representation of your data to base your prediction on. Explain why the model you chose is a better representation of your data.
Hints for Making an Effective Chart:
- Decide why you are making a chart from this data.
- Title each chart so that it aligns with the data and selected model.
- Create descriptive labels for both the x- and y axes.
- Resize the chart as needed so it can be viewed easily.
- Read the news report “Maryland Health Care Provider Sentenced to 10 Years in Federal Prison for Health Care Fraud Resulting in Patient Deaths.”
Use the Five Whys to conduct a root cause analysis to determine why the Medicare fraud occurred and Timothy Emeigh’s participation in the case.
Write a 525- to 700-word paper that identifies and evaluates the root cause for Medicare fraud in this case.
Include the following:
- List each of the Five Whys and your response.
- Speculate as to why Mr. Emeigh participated in the scheme.
- Explain what you might have done to prevent this from happening.
Cite 3 reputable references to support your assignment (e.g., trade or industry publications, government or agency websites, scholarly works, or other sources of similar quality).
Format your assignment according to APA guidelines.