Case Study â€“ Design Process
You have recently started your own software design company. You discover that your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is looking to build a system that will allow receptionists to check in customers quickly. They would like for the system to allow customers to self-check-in during busy times, but have receptionists check customers in the rest of the time. Your company puts a bid in for the project and wins. Read the article, “Factors Affecting Development Process in Small Software Companies.”
Write a four- to five-page paper in which you:
- Suggest the prototyping technique you would use for this system and support your rationale.
- Create a management plan containing eight to ten stages for proper design of such a system.
- Explain each stage of the management plan and justify your rationale.
- Estimate the length of time it will take to complete each stage of the management plan.
- Compare and contrast the self-check-in interface with the interface a receptionist would use.
- Use Microsoft Visio or an open source alternative, Dia, to create a total of two graphical representations of your proposed interfaces, one for the self-check-in and one for the receptionist. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Use at least three quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Develop an interface design plan that addresses a business problem.