3 Total Pages – 12 Point Font – Double Spaced
1 Page = 1 Question
True or False: Writing competency is more important than speaking competency? Please support your response.
What steps can one take to minimize stereotyping in one’s writing?
***Please use the Business Correspondence Notes as a reference for Question 1.***
Describe the formal and informal communication networks of a business organization. Compare the differences, and please be specific!
It’s a challenge to separate workers from his or her cell phones in the workplace. If you were in charge, outline the policy you feel would be
acceptable – to the employees as well as the organization – including specifics, to include consequences for violations.
Please note that these assignments are being graded highly on grammar, punctuation, etc. Not everything has to be sourced as it can be your
Presentation II 2/7/18, 08)04
https://clpccd.instructure.com/courses/6624/assignments/253886?module_item_id=358071 Page 1 of 7
This assignment does not count toward the final grade.
Due May 20 by 11:59pm Points None
Available Jan 21 at 11:59pm – May 20 at 11:59pm 4 months
This is the second of eight Presentations, designed to provide an overview of the key points of each chapter.
Please use these presentations to guide your reading of the chapters, the ongoing completion or your Study
Guide, and to review information that will contribute to the course midterm and final.
Upon completing this chapter, you will be able to describe the major issues in cross-cultural communication
and prepare yourself to communicate with international partners. To reach these goals, you should be able
1. Explain why communicating clearly across cultures is important to a business.
2. Describe three major factors that influence a country or region’s culture.
3. Describe cultural differences regarding body positions and movements and use this knowledge
effectively in communicating.
4. Describe the impact of culture on views and practices concerning human relations and use this
knowledge effectively in communicating.
5. Explain the language equivalency problem and techniques for minimizing its effects.Presentation II 2/7/18, 08)04
https://clpccd.instructure.com/courses/6624/assignments/253886?module_item_id=358071 Page 2 of 7
6. Describe what one can do to enhance one’s cross-cultural communication skills.
Culture – what does that have to do with my business correspondence?