Purpose of the Assessment
This assignment has been designed to allow students the opportunity to explore the
underlying importance and application of marketing concepts to benefit a given
The Business report is about Pollution Eating Bikes (see cases below).
The company is considering coming to a country of your choice (CHINA) and
setting up business. You have been engaged as a management consultant to
help advise on this strategic move. As part of your work you are to undertake an
analysis of the “external environment” of the country of your choice (CHINA) with
regards to the attractiveness of that country (CHINA) to the company. You must
choose a country that appears favourable to the bike, company (your choice).
Your task within this assignment is to undertake an analysis of any THREE (and
only three) components of PESTEL. It is your choice which three elements you
Your submission must address the following:
– By reference to academic literature and secondary data sources
(books and journal only) review the complete PESTEL as a strategic
marketing tool. (don’t be descriptive, be analytical)
– Then with reference to secondary data analyse and evaluate the
three components, making management recommendations
concerning the market attractiveness to support the company’s
decision to enter the market of your choice.
– Your data must be made relevant to the company and country.
– You are required to produce a business report that demonstrates your
understandingof key aspects of PESTEL analysis.
– The report should be of relevance to the organisation and be of interest to
the Chief Executive (or equivalent).
– The advice, based on the PESTEL analysis, will be an important contributor in
the decision to enter your chosen market.
The report should have:
– an effective Executive Summary (consultant mindset, pitching to CEO, placeinsightful information, all critical info must be captured and focus on
– a sound theoretical and conceptual perspective of PESTEL, containing
evidence of critical debate with reference to appropriate academic literature
– sound examination of PESTEL factors that the company will need to consider
– an effective practical foundation, which makes management
You MUST NOT contact the company or its employees or agents at all.
Presentation of PESTEL data in Tables will NOT count within the word count. The
Executive Summary, Titles and Reference list also do NOT count within the word
the work will be submitted in business report format and should be 2000 words,
+/-10% (excluding Executive Summary, Contents page, titles and references
list). University policy regarding the presentation of references must be followed.
Word limits will be inline with Assessment