Please notice that you can collect 10 research reports first and then select one of
those to complete aspect A of this task.
1. Identify the article you have chosen in an APA-formatted citation.
2. Design a visual representation (e.g., graph or chart) to show how the researcher
addressed the five areas of a research report (background information or
introduction, review of the literature, discussion of methodology, specific data
analysis, and conclusion).
Note: table provided-look at attachment(TASK).
3. Based on your analysis of the five areas, assess whether the evidence presented in
the research report supports the researcher’s conclusion.
4. Discuss ethical issues that may have arisen for the researcher while conducting the
research for the article.
5. Discuss the type of research used for the study.
a. Explain whether or not other types of research would have been appropriate in
the same situation.
B. Conduct a literature search to evaluate nursing care or management implications of a
nursing intervention by doing the following:
1. Discuss evidence for a nursing care or management problem.
2. Complete the attached matrix to list 10 primary research sources, in APA format,
from scholarly journal sources you locate in major medical databases (e.g.,EBSCO, CINAHL,
PubMed, MedLine, or a hard copy journal).
Note: In aspect B you should gather 9 more pieces of similar research on the same
topic as in aspect A so you have a total of 10 pieces of primary research to make a
practice implication (a minimum of 8 authors should be used).
A1 Article: (indicate primary evidence chosen by way of an APA citation)
A2 Background or Introduction
A2 Review of the Literature
A2 Discussion of Methodology
A2 Data Analysis
A2 Researcher’s conclusion
Note: You may submit your completed matrix as a separate attachment to the task
or you may include the matrix within your paper.
Note: Credible sources may include professional journals, research reports,
professional Web sites, governmental reports, and presentations from professional
meetings. Primary research articles must not be more than ten years old.
3. Conduct a review of the 10 peer-reviewed research articles in which you do the
a. Develop an annotated bibliography (suggested length of 2–3 pages) of the all
Note: An annotated bibliography is one that includes not only a brief summary of
content for each book or article reviewed, but also contains other relevant
comments and information that the candidate believes can be of help for future
See attachment for more information on annotated bibliographies.
b. Discuss whether the researchers’ evidence collected is adequate to make a
recommendation for a practice change.