Assignment 1: Discussion—Global Stock Market and Exchange Rate Fluctuations
Financial crises have short-term and long-term effects. However, most often analysts are focused only on short-term effects. In this assignment, you will be challenged to look for short-term and long-term effects and to compare the effects of two financial crises: one from 1997 and one from 2007.
Using the University online library resources and the Internet, conduct research into the 1997 South Asian financial crisis and the financial crisis that began in 2007.
Then, do the following:
- Evaluate each financial crisis in terms of its impact on the international financial markets.
- How significantly were global stock markets affected?
- How did the major currencies react during each crisis?
- What are the lessons to be learned from each crisis?
Write your initial response in 300–500 words. Your response should be thorough and address all components of the discussion question in detail, include citations of all sources, where needed, according to the APA Style, and demonstrate accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Make sure your writing
- is clear, concise, and organized;
- demonstrates ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and
- displays accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.