Discrimination, Workers’ Rights, Americans with Disabilities Act, and Family Medical Leave all flow from Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. As you work through this assignment consider how the law continues to be updated to represent the will of the people, and consider the role the government has in this process.
Resources: Legal Environment of Business: Online Commerce, Business Ethics, and Global Issues: Ch. 19, 20, and 21; Government websites dedicated to Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Create a 3-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, including detailed speaker notes. The speaker notes for each slide should serve as the text for your presentation.
Address the following:
- Assess the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and how it protects workers.
- Evaluate the elements of the current immigration law.
Cite a minimum of two scholarly references. One peer-reviewed reference must be from the University Library.
Click the Assignment Files tab to submit your assignment. You will not need to give a formal presentation in class, but please be prepared to discuss the issues raised by the assignment.
Note: Grades are awarded based upon individual contributions to the Learning Team assignment. Each Learning Team member receives a grade based upon his/her contributions to the team assignment. Not all students may receive the same grade for the team assignment.
· Title VII, ADA, FMLA, Immigration, and Discrimination Presentation Grading Guide
· Legal Environment of Business, Ch. 20: Employment Law and Worker Protection
· Legal Environment of Business, Ch. 19: Equal Opportunity in Employment
Legal Environment of Business, Ch. 21: Labor Law and Immigration Law