Now that you have a better understanding of various aspects of organizational behavior from the reading in the previous step, select an organization from this Organization Description list. The descriptions include an overview and key information about the organization, as well as information about a breach or attempted breach. Also, read this cybersecurity field overview; be sure you consider how each of the nine roles do or could apply as you review the case study. Your team can choose one of these cases or look for other options.
In response to the case study, your team will write an instructive white paper (6 – 8 pages) that analyzes a company’s management and leadership environment in a particularly challenging period. Your paper should:
- review the issues of the case study as background for the events relating to the role of the leadership and teams
- analyze the leadership practices of the organization in the case study, and define the practices that leaders used to create collaborative and successful teams, or failed to effect successful working relations resulting in negative conditions
- analyze the impact of the most relevant one or two of the nine cybersecurity role listed in the overview above
- propose remedial principles and practices that the organization might adopt to enable a better outcome
After the paper is written, you will create a one-page executive summary of the paper and an asynchronous presentation of 12 slides, excluding the references slide and cover slide.You will have three weeks to complete the following:
- create a team project plan by the end of week 8
- conduct research, develop an analysis of the issues of the case, determine your argument, provide supporting facts, and identify recommendations with an explanation of your rationale
- draft and finalize your paper and executive summary, and create a narrated presentationIn the next step, you will come up with a project plan.