17 YEAR OLD MALE WHO IS BLINDSkill: how to block a ball in GOALBALL
2. Find experts( at least two) in your community who can help you learn. Develop interview questions( at least four per expert) for experts who can help you become more knowledgeable about the disability and teaching the sport/skill. Turn in (a) name and organization of experts you found, and (b) list of interview questions. ( attached a list of sites you can choose from)
3. Identify facility and environmental elements needed for individual to fully participate as independently as possible. Describe “barrier free” design elements for maximum independence from transportation drop off to “field of play”.
4. What are the communication issues specific to the individual’s disability? How will you determine the individual’s best learning process? How will you determine your best teaching process for this individual? Describe how you determined your best teaching technique.
5. Describe any adaptive equipment that can enhance user’s participation in the activity. Find out where the equipment can be purchased, what the average cost is. (IF APPLICABLE)
6. Describe appropriate accommodations for individual to fully participate in an inclusive environment. Include adaptations to rules, equipment, the environment, communication, and personal assistance.
7. Find (a) the closest facility to you where the individual can participate in the activity. What (b) transportation options exist in this community for the individual to get from home to the facility?( I live in Miami-Dade, Florida)
8. Create a list of community resources with short descriptions, for this individual and their family, including support groups.