1. Outline the essential steps involved in developing a community action program.
2. Explain the pros and cons of community involvement and corporate philanthropy, provide a brief history of corporate philanthropy, and explain why and to whom companies give.
3. Differentiate among community partnerships, strategic philanthropy, cause-related marketing, and cause branding. Provide an example of each that is not discussed in the text.
4. Identify and discuss briefly what you think are the major trade-offs that firms face as they think about outsourcing, offshoring, or plant closings. When substantial layoffs are involved, what are firms’ responsibilities to their employees and their communities?
5. In your opinion, why does a business have a responsibility to employees and community stakeholders in a business-closing decision? Enumeratewhat you think are the major reasons.